Hit The Road
Wondering what to bring to your training session?
Everybody always wonders
what they should pack up for their first organized training session. It's
natural to wonder. Well, here is our recommended "list" for that first exciting
1. A towel. You'll may need
it for drying off and sitting on during your trip home.
2. Fresh short
sleeve shirt. Nothing is worse than wearing that sweaty running shirt home.
3. Water or Sports drink (Gatorade, Powerade, etc.) You need to replenish
fluids right away after your run.
4. For longer distances. Sport gels (if
you use them, like Gu, Clif Shots, etc.). If you're going to use them racing,
you need to get your body accustomed to them now.
5. Identification. Have
something on you during your run, just in case. It is something you hope you
won't need, but if you do need it...
6. Sunglasses. You have to protect your
8. Running watch. You would think you would
remember, but it is best to have it on the list.
9. Money. It is amazing
what a $20 can do for you during a run. Everything from a snack to a cab.
10. Positive attitude. Leave home knowing this is going to be
great. Trust me, when you get to the longer runs, this is critical.